T - Thankful to be alive and breathing.
What a year 2021 is turning out to be! Vaccines, people venturing outside, smiling and elbow bumping.
It takes time to realize that the virus is not lurking outside waiting for you.
- However, Tamarind is. This is the luxurious dark brown lunch tote (or for whatever you need it to be) waiting and willing to help you reacquaint with Life.
H - Here’s to everyone’s health
- Remember to take a second or two and do a mental restart. During this time when everyone is trying to find their bearings and comfort zone, it’s important to do a restart or even a complete shutdown and reprioritize what’s important to you.
A - “Another day, another dollar”.
Fast Fact: An old slogan from the past. Did you know that this slogan began as a sailor's expression in the USA in the 19th century? It dates from the days when sailors were paid a dollar a day. On long voyages each day was similar to the last and all that the seamen had to show for a day's work was one more dollar in their pocket.
N - No bad news please.
Fast Fact: Did you know that the slogan "No Bad News" actually was a song written for The Wiz both the musical and the film? Sung by Evillene and the Winkies, the song explains that she'll accept any kind of news as long as it's not bad news, or else. In both productions, it was sung by Mabel King.
K - Kindness is the heart of everything.
- Be kind to yourself and stop beating yourself down. One act of kindness to others goes a long way. Kindness has other benefits too!
- Helping others feels good.
- It creates a sense of belonging and reduces isolation.
- It helps keep things in perspective.
- It helps to make the world a happier place – one act of kindness can often lead to more!
- The more you do for others, the more you do for yourself.
S - Sales, sales, sales. It’s Black Friday!
- The notion of Black Friday has changed from pre-pandemic to now. Before, Black Friday was a set date that everyone planned their budgeting on. Now, some stores have month-long Black Friday events or daily Black Friday specials. “Black Friday” should be special and not be considered just another shopping day.
- Sorrel, a rich dark red, is motivated to fly out of the store and into your life. Not only will it energize but also revitalize your health.
Fast Fact: A Sorrel drink has many health benefits mainly because it contains Vitamin C and flavonoids. They are anti-inflammatory, protecting the body from oxidative damages and helps in smooth digestion.
G - Godspeed to all travelers!
- Cars, Buses, Planes and Trains are all in motion. Gradually traffic and volume is increasing.
I - Inspiration and aspiration are the keys to success.
Fast Fact: Did you know that there is a difference between the two? Inspiration is defined as, “the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something.” Aspiration is, “a hope or ambition of achieving something.”
V - Very nice to meet you!
- The Weekender has made its formal introduction to the public and is now a member of the T|W Tote family!
I - Invent and reinvent yourself.
This is our motto at T|W Tote! It drove us to make the public aware that there is an alternative to plastic bags, and other types of non-recyclable materials. Our lunch totes use vegan leather. Sustainability is the name of the game going forward.
Fast Fact: Did you know that scientists are using innovative solutions to create plastic-free vegan options from mushrooms, kombucha-cultures, and even pineapples?”
N - Never give up. Life is too precious.
- There’s always a reason to keep pushing just a little bit further toward your goal, or even just to stay alive to fight another day. No one is special; it's just important to keep going when others quit.
- Below are five reasons to keep going:
- You’re almost there!
- Remember, all you can do is move forward in life, and the reason why is because wherever you’re at or whatever you do, you can’t turn back time.
- What a waste of time.
- It’s the only resource you can spend but never replenish. When you give up, you’re devaluing your time.
- Failure is important.
- Every winner loses, but not every loser wins. It’s important to fail because it teaches you valuable life lessons–you don’t always get what you want, being right doesn’t mean you’ll win, heart is more important than skill, never take anything for granted, etc.
- Someone else will.
- Everyone goes through tough times, and while giving up may ease your stress, it doesn’t make your goal disappear–someone else will just come through and accomplish whatever it was you were hoping to accomplish.
- You’re only hurting yourself.
- There will be pain, and there will be a lot of times where you feel like giving up is your only option. Keep pushing, and never give up–quitters never win.
G - Gain insight - Challenge yourself.
- Remember to take along your Guinep Tote. It’s ready for the weather and can go the distance.