Father’s Day - Dad’s Day - Nonbinary Day - Best Bud’s Day, however you know this day, it is one to celebrate and honor.
Did you know that this day in America, the third Sunday in June, is known as “Father’s Day”? We celebrate it to honor the men/fathers and Non Binaries who have taken on the important role of fatherhood. Although Father’s Day is not considered an international holiday, there are some other countries that do celebrate it. They are:
- Australia and New Zealand,
- Germany -- Here is some interesting information: Father’s Day (Vatertag) falls on Ascension Day in Germany. Since it is a National Holiday, Father’s Day is typically celebrated with a 4-day weekend filled with fun outdoor activities and beers.
- Taiwan -- Here is an interesting fact: Since the number 8 in Chinese is pronounced as “bā” and is similar to the word 爸 (father), they opt to celebrate such a holiday on the 8th day of the 8th month of the year. In fact, Father’s Day in Taiwan is also called the “Day of Bābā.”
- Thailand -- Here is some interesting information: The king of Thailand was then King Buhmihol who was born on the 5th of December. Though he died in 2016 and was succeeded by King Rama IX, the date of Father’s Day was not changed. Accordingly, it is still celebrated on the 5th of December, in honor of King Buhmihol, the country’s symbolic father. In honor of the dead king, everyone wears yellow on the day of Father’s Day.
Did you know that there are several versions of how Father’s Day came into existence? Here are (2) of the most popular.
- In 1908, in Fairmont, West Virginia, it was celebrated as a church service at the Williams Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church South in honor of 361 men who were killed in a mine explosion the previous winter.
- Mrs. Sonora Smart Dodd wanted to honor her Father, a Civil War Veteran who was raising six children as a single parent.
In 1924, then President Coolidge considered making Father’s Day a national holiday; but it wasn’t until 1972 that the then President recognized it as an official holiday. This day has come a long way.
Here is a Fun Fact: The United States, the United Kingdom and Canada all celebrate this day in the same way. Typically, it is with cards and gifts. This might change with the positive results seen from the vaccination rollouts. Some outdoor outings are still possible. Perhaps a baseball game, a walk in the park, or just getting outdoors with your favorite lunch Tote from T|W Tote!
As you can see, the Lunch Tote has quite a bit of space in this picture. What you can’t see are some of its other features. Among them are:
Never worry about stains and messes collecting on your tote. One of the wonderful features is that it is stain and weather-resistant!
If you haven’t already, take some time and look at the offerings found in the Tote Collection. Below are a few of the colors from the current collection. The two shown below are Mero and Guinep.
Mero is a handsome Tote, with a rich color that will go easily with any ensemble and is ready for action at a moment’s notice. It will hold up to any abuse or misuse that might come its way. All Totes are available for Monogramming.
Guinep is an island color that is soothing to the eye but gives an air of confidence and professionalism.
Another strong color that is part of the collection is Tamarind. This is a relatively new addition to the collection. Upon its announcement, it has sold out. It is now re-stocked and available for purchase.
A celebration of Father’s Day wouldn’t be complete without some type of grand experience. A celebration of such in Dominica would include:
The Staff and Management of T|W Tote would like to wish all Fathers, Nonbinaries, Dads, and including those expecting a happy and fulfilling day. Filled with love and wonderful memories.
Let us know if you would like to share your story with us. We would love to hear from all of our customers and friends. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.